Galaxidi is a town and a former municipality in the southern part of Phocis, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Delphi, of which it is a municipal unit. It has a small harbor on the Gulf of Corinth. The Greek National Road 48/E65 connects Galaxidi with Naupactus and Itea.
Coordinates: 38°22′N 22°23′E
Until the late 19th century, Galaxidi had a sizeable merchant marine fleet and was a prosperous commercial centre. This is reflected in the size and style of the local buildings. Preservation of the traditional architecture has facilitated the growth of tourism in recent decades. The marine museum contains exhibits from this period.
Municipality of Galaxidi also consists of nearby villages “Ayioi Pantes”, “Penteoria” and “Vounihora”. There is a road behind the town that leads up the mountain to the Monastery of the Metamorphosis (actually a convent that was inabited by one nun as of 2010). This provides a splendid view of the city and its surroundings. On a clear day, the Peloponnese can also be seen to the south.
Maritime Museum of Galaxidi, a museum which includes the Galaxidi Chronicle which was published by K.N. Sathas in 1865. It used to serve as a town hall for Galaxidi.